Monday, August 11, 2014

I have officially made it to New York!


My District at the MTC
Hello everyone! I have officially made it to New York! It is so flat here.....not even little hills, but it is so pretty and super green. The leaves are already starting to change colors and everyone says that this winter will be worse than the last one (which I guess was the worst one in a long time). But my new comp is Elder Prestwich, he's been out here for a little over a year and he has been a great trainer so far! I feel like I am catching on to everything very fast. I am in the Rome area and we are reopening the area! It has been closed down for about 8 months because of the lack of elders. So we are pretty much starting from scratch. We have done mostly tracking,
Leaving Salt Lake City
everyone here has been pretty nice so far but......everyone is super freaking catholic. We have got to meet with some of the members for dinners and the zone leaders who are in Rome south area have let us tag along to a few lessons. The weather has been pretty good her. There are always the random heavy rain clouds, but it has been high 70's and pretty much perfect since I have been here. Our apartment is pretty nice. Besides the fact that we do not have any AC and we are on the top floor. We are picking up an AC unit at the office today, so that will make it sooooooo nice. We get to teach a girl tonight Emily, she has committed to be baptized on the 30th so we just have to get through all of the lessons with her before then. It has taken a little bit of work to get the ball rolling in the area but I have a good feeling that awesome things are going to start happening. I would be sending pics today but I kind of forgot my cord at the apartment so I will send some next week. I love and miss you all so much.



Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment