Monday, December 15, 2014

Service With a Shovel and a Smile

Hello Everyone!

My companion and I had an awesome week this week! I am still a little sore from all of the shoveling that we did this week, but we saw so many blessings from doing it! We had lessons with people that have never let us in before and we were able to get in a couple extra lessons with the ones that we have been teaching!
I thought that I would miss out on all of the Christmas stuff that we usually do at home but, I was wrong. The Dupont family is taking us with them today to go out and cut down a Christmas tree with them today! The ward here is awesome and they are taking very good care of us for Christmas this year!

We had a Zone Conference this week and it was pretty much how we can be instruments in the hands of the Lord and how we can be the instruments that he wants us to be, not the ones that we want to be. They gave us about 20 minutes to find a quiet room and read our patriarchal blessings and to really look for strengths that we have been given. It was the 1st time that I have really gotten to pray about and read just my blessing.  There are so many things that I have been missing! It is so humbling to see what the Lord see's not only in me but in all of us, and what potential we can truly reach when we WILLINGLY  heed to the promptings of the spirit and become the instrument that he needs us to be!
I hope that everything is going good at home! I love and miss you all and hope you all have an amazing Christmas!
Love Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment