Monday, July 28, 2014

Feeling And FOLLOWING The Promptings Of The Spirit

Hello Mom I am on for about 25 min then I will be back on at 4ish. The MTC has been such a spiritual experience so far and I have learned so much about the work I am going to be doing. It has only been a few days but I feel like I have changed so much! Having the constant companion ship of the spirit is the best feeling in the world. My mission comp Elder Cushenburry is 25, he's a smaller guys, maybe 5'6" and about a buck 20. He acts exactly and even looks like Nathan Brady so it has been pretty fun. Yesterday we had a Sunday devotional. Stephen B. Allen came out and talked to us about 5 things we need to do as missionaries and 5 ways on how to do them. Everything was centered around feeling and FOLLOWING the promptings of the spirit. Then we went to a film call the Characters of Christ by Elder Bednar. This is absolutely the best talk I have ever heard. If you can find it I would recommend watching it. Literally changed the way I looked at myself as a missionary and what I need to be focused on. It was freaking awesome to say the least. I was made zone leader the day after we got here so it has been kind of crazy learning how to be a missionary and also my roles as the zone leader but I have caught on pretty quick. My whole district is going to Utica and we all leave next Tuesday. And don't worry, unlike Matt I actually will be calling you in salt lake and probably from Detroit also. believe it or not but I actually pray seriously 15 to 20 times a day it feels like and I never say the same things ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment