Thursday, October 16, 2014

My 2nd transfer is almost over and it feels like it just started yesterday!

Hello Everyone!

Sorry I am on a little latter. The library was closed today because of Columbus day. We ended up going down to Utica to play basketball with the other Elders so we got to come in the family history center to email this week!
Time is FLYING by!! My 2nd transfer is almost over and it feels like it just started yesterday! The work is going great. We have been meeting with lots of less active members this week and trying really hard to realize why going to church in important! Unfortunately only one of the families made it this week but it was awesome to see them there!

We had ZTM this week and it was on how we can us the Book of Mormon to help those that we teach receive personal revelation. It was such a good training. We did some roll plays, which are usually super awkward, but even though you are just pretending to teach someone's investigator the spirit is still there and helps you SO MUCH! I just have to say that inspired questions are the coolest things in the world! Especially when there is a room full of missionaries and they all have the feeling to ask the exact same thing! The spirit knows exactly what the investigator needs to hear and we as missionaries need to be able to feel and act on the promptings from the holy ghost if we are going to help convert people!
I love being a missionary! During my personal study I came across a scripture that pretty much says what I am feeling perfectly. It is Alma 29:9 "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be an instrument in God's hands!

I love and miss you all!

Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment