Monday, December 8, 2014

When in Rome...Enjoy the Snow!


We had transfer calls on Saturday and I get to stay in Rome for at least another 6 weeks! That means that I actually get to start opening packages that I have gotten haha. New York is teaching me a lot!.....especially how important it is to be clean, some of you would die if you saw how much junk people hold on to! It is definitely a humbling experience and a good way to share the talents that I have been given. We are supposed to get our 1st big snow storm tomorrow, they are saying that we could get up to 2 feet! I am hoping that it is going to snow so much that our mission pres will have to let us drive snow mobiles! I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for that one. We have had a lot of people ask for blessings this week because of surgeries that they are going to be having. I love giving blessings! I know that that the words that are said do not come from me but from the power of the Holy Ghost!

Couldn't wait for Christmas...
There have been a lot of things happening in our ward. To start, we have had two funerals in the past two weeks, both from the same family, a mother and a daughter. It has made me think a lot about the ones that we have lost in our family. I am so grateful that we have been given the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that we will be able to live through eternity with our families. I am pretty sure that the Plan of Salvation has become my favorite lesson to teach.
We also had a "come to the manger" activity. Everyone in the ward brings all of their nativity sets and puts them in the cultural hall. They have it like an open house for everyone to come and see all of the different nativities. Not too many people came threw to look at them. It was set up from 10 to 5 and only about 20 people came through. It was still fun though.
Well, that is it for this week. I hope that you are all doing well. I can't wait to talk to and see some of you on Christmas! I love and miss you all!
 
We stole the sisters windshield wipers :) we were going to give them back the next day but it started to snow really hard like an hour later so we took them back haha
Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment