Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween

 

Hello Everyone,

So we just ended our second transfer! This one went by so fast! Everybody says that they only get faster and I find it hard to believe. My new companion is Elder Cosman, he's from Eastern Canada. Other than sounding like a little kid because of his accent he has turned out to be a pretty good guy. He loves playing hockey and he watched top gear almost as much as I did so we get a long pretty good!

We were able to start teaching a new investigator last week. He is a US History teacher at the high school so he has to teach about the westward expansion and they touch on "Mormonism". He said at first he only wanted to learn more so he could teach his students more about it. He told us that as he did research on Joseph Smith, he came across Mormon.org and loved what he saw. He said that the more he found out about us he couldn't help but want to know more on a spiritual level as well. We also got permission to watch the Saratav Approach on Halloween. There was a part in it that was talking about prayer, and that light will always overcome darkness. That made me think about our new investigator, how he at first only wanted to know more from an educational stand point, but as he started looking for more, light over came darkness. He now wants to be baptized and become a member of our church!

This is the greatest old guy in the world, Brother Withey.
That's pretty much the highlight of the week! I guess besides a surprise phone call. But I hope everyone is doing well! I'm sure you have all been updated on what is going on with Dad, I know that you all probably pray for him already but just keep him in your prayers. Matt and I could also use a little extra help while we are out here. It is hard for us to hear what will be happening and not being to help at home. I know that miracles come after the trials of our faith, this is definitely one of those trials. I love and miss you all!

Elder Morgan

The hazards of playing basketball...Smashed Thumb!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment